Friday, February 27, 2009

One fun Friday

Today was a very successful day of rummaging through stacks of books, shelf upon shelf of glassware and multiple racks of sweaters in search of the perfect item for any one of my many projects. One of the most interesting being a box of latin flash cards from 1961. They are yellowed, but very clean. Perfect for altered cards and collages. Maybe to share in a swap. A very old juice glass painted with a bunch of blue grapes and green leaves, a small etched vase,
and an argyle sweater that I have already felted and will make into mittens. The felting process is so easy and the immediate results thrill me. And wool mittens sound very cozy with the dropping temperatures that arrived today. The wind is bone chilling.

Swaps are on my mind. I have signed up for 3 - am I crazy?!!! Two are Easter basket swaps, one with Foxgloves, Fabric and Folly and the other with Petticoat Junction. The third is an
apron swap. Lots of fun collecting items that I think are desirable basket fillers and pretty little gifts for my partners.

As a result of all the fun I had today, there is laundry yet to be folded and more to be washed
before I go up to bed. Sounds like I will need a cup of coffee to help me get everything done.

No comments: